Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ava's Birth Story

Well as most of you know by now, I was diagnosed with severe Preeclampsia which turned into HELLP.  When I went to the hospital they told me I would deliver within a week...well I made it a day and a half.  The doctor and nurse woke me up at 1 AM on Wednesday (9/16) for an emergency c-section.  I was shocked and scared as I knew it was too early to have Ava.  But they insisted that I was in danger if I didn't deliver. So at 2:19 AM Ava Rene' was born (23w5d).  She weighed 445 g and measured only 10.75 in.  She is tiny but she is a fighter!  It's been 10 days and so far she has remained strong! 

Will has been great...he drops off breastmilk every morning on his way to work and then goes back after work to sit and talk to her.  I go to the hospital and sit with her in the morning and leave late afternoon.  We have a routine that seems to be working so far!

I will post updates on her progress. 

As of yesterday...9/26
Weight: 451 g (was up to 470, may have decreased due to stopped feedings)
Length: 11 in
Oxygen Level: 28-30%
PDA: open, ibuprofen administred (Thurs, Fri & Sat) - results Monday
Brain Bleed: was a level 1, but improving
Apena: receiving caffine
Anemia: receiving blood transfusions a few times a week
RDS: surfactant
Infection: culture on 9/22 was negative...another culture on 9/26
Feeding: they stopped the breastmilk while she is getting ibuprofen

1 comment:

  1. She is quite the little fighter and of course we all knew that she would be, I mean hello you know her mommy and daddy! LOL! My thoughts and prayers are with you guys and I love you all! Im here if you need me! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Followers