Monday, March 8, 2010

Latest on Ava

I know I start every post like this, but sorry for taking so long to update!  Being home with Ava has kept me busier than I thought.

So to keep it short and simple, here is the latest...

Medical Updates:
  • Eyes:  Good, no sign of ROP.  Follow up appointments every 3-4 weeks; next one 3/10.
  • Lungs: had 1 trial in Feb to get her off of the O2.  Her sats were 92-93% while she was sleeping.  Not bad but why make her work.  They want to see her at 97%.  So we will try again on 3/17.  She is still getting her Synagis shots to protect her from RSV.
  • Pedi: up to date with her vaccines, treating her like a full-term baby now!!  Cleared to get out of house but use common sense; no crappy weather, sick people or school-aged children.
  • Hematologist: go back for blood work on 3/26.
Development/Milestones:
  • She is so smart, she tries to copy me when I make noises with my mouth! 
  • She is officially social smiling! 
  • As of last week she is up to 9lbs!!! 
  • Today she is 2 months adjusted (2 mos from her due date) and in 8 days she will be 6 months!!  I can't believe how fast it has gone by. 

1 comment:

  1. So although she is 2 month adjusted, you still celebrate her actual birth date as her birthday, correct? At what point can you stop thinking of her by the adjusted age?

    Congratulations on her great development! She looks so different already!

    ReplyDelete

Followers