Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Finally!!!

Age: 27 days
Gestational Age: 27w4d
Weight: 1lb 6oz

I finally got to hold my daughter today!!  What a great feeling!  Thursday we can start Kangaroo Care, which is skin to skin!  They originally said it would be a few weeks before we could start K-Care but I guess since she's doing good they decided we could start sooner! 

She's also gained some weight!  She's up to 1lb 6oz!  They are decreasing her IV nutrition and increasing the amount of breastmilk she's getting.  Soon she'll be on breastmilk only and they can take out the IV!!!  They are giving her treatments to help her lungs; they said today they think they are working!  Apparently it works for some but not all.  They've talked about getting her off the ventilator, but I think that's going to take some time.  They say it's like taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back.


I know it's hard to see her in the picture; they wanted to make sure to bundle her up so she stayed warm. 

Friday she will be 1 month old!  I can't believe it!  I hope time keeps flying so I can bring her home!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, you don't know me, but I came across your blog while surfing the internet today. My daughter was born 8 weeks early (3 pounds, 5 ounces)because I developed severe eclampsia. We suffered through the NICU, PDA, apnea, feeding intolerance...you name it, we went through it. Now she's a 19 pound rambunctious 18 month old! I just wanted to let you know that while the NICU is the hardest experience you'll ever have as a mother, in a year's time it will be just a distant memory. You will get through it! God bless and good luck to you and your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's terrific! I was wondering how you were doing—thanks for the update. Kangaroo Care is an awesome thing.

    ReplyDelete

Followers